Chicken Soup for the Soul. Small gestures can make a big difference in someone's day, even in someone's life. In our fast-paced world many people tend to only pay attention to what is important to them. So it is wonderful and heartwarming to hear stories about people who have gone out of their way to do something for someone without being asked. Just because it was the kind thing to do. Just because it was the right thing to do. Many times the person who receives the act of kindness is a total stranger, someone who will not be able to repay your kindness. Has someone performed a random act of kindness for you? Did you pay it forward and do something kind for someone else? How did it feel to receive that kindness? And how did it feel to perform a kindness for someone else?
We are looking for true stories about random acts of kindness that have happened to you or stories about a kindness that you performed for someone else. Stories can be serious or funny but they should definitely inspire our readers to look for ways in which they can perform kind acts.
Here are some ideas but we know you can think of many more:
• Changing your life by doing one random act of kindness each day
• Changing your attitude by doing one random act of kindness each day
• Performing an act of kindness for a family member
• Performing an act of kindness for a total stranger
• Paying it forward
• Remaining anonymous — doing something nice for someone who will never know who you are or what you did
• The unexpected benefits of doing something kind for someone
• The unexpected benefits you got from something kind someone did for you
• The pleasures you got from doing a kind deed
• How performing an act of kindness changed your life
• How an act of kindness you received changed your life
• Having an epiphany about kindness in your life — what did you learn by performing a random act of kindness?
• Turning negative into positive
Guideline submissions at http://www.chickensoup.com/story-submissions/possible-book-topics